Contact SERVPRO of Augusta/Waterville If You Experience a Toilet Overflow or a Sewer Backup
SERVPRO of Augusta/Waterville has the specialized training and equipment to safely clean contaminants like sewage.
Are you wondering what to do with a sewer backup or a toilet that is overflowing?
Sewer back ups are a common occurrence for both homeowners and businesses. Just this morning, one of our crews responded to a business that experienced a sewer backup. Luckily, the property owner recognized the importance of calling SERVPRO of Augusta/Waterville to professionally clean and mitigate the back up. Since the water may contain viruses, bacteria, and other microbes that cause serious illnesses, sewer backups are considered an emergency and should be dealt with as promptly as possible. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have specialized training and equipment to quickly and safely clean contaminants like sewage.
Here are some key items that property owners should know about sewage backups:
- Sewage is one of the most dangerous substances that can enter homes and businesses. Sewage contains a variety of pathogenic - disease causing - fungi, bacteria, viruses and parasites. Anyone working with a sewage loss must be up to date on vaccinations, including one for Hepatitis B.
- Sewage exposure is particularly dangerous for people with weakened immune systems, including anyone under the age of two or over the age of sixty, those who are pregnant, ill, recovering from surgery, on prescription drugs or going through chemotherapy.
- It is not safe to stay in buildings that have flooded with sewage unless the contaminated area can be completely sealed off and placed under controlled air flow so that there will be no cross contamination of unaffected areas.
- Highly absorbent sewage-saturated materials, such as carpet, carpet pad, upholstery, bedding, wicker, paper or even fabrics that can't be washed in hot water for at least 10 minutes, must be contained and disposed of properly. This goes for sewage-saturated drywall, insulation and several other structural materials as well.
- There is simply too great a health risk involved if any of these materials are dried in place and cleaned without the proper products and sanitation.
- Only the most highly trained professionals with proper products and equipment should attempt sewage remediation work.
Our crews at SERVPRO of Augusta/Waterville are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are water damage restoration specialists with specialized training, equipment and protective gear to safely restore your home or business.
If you need cleanup from water or sewer damage, call SERVPRO of Augusta/Waterville at 207-622-7166. We are Here to Help.